Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Alexa Ray Joel Interview Later Today!!!

So, I've been working on this for some time now. It's been hard, since I've had to go through two different publicists in my adventure (and 'adventure' isn't a term I use lightly . . .). Finally, last week, her new publicist Eric got back to me about it, and this is it folks . . .today I get to speak with Alexa Ray Joel and get straight to the heart of her music, her career, and anything else I can find time to ask her!!
Just to do a brief overview, Alexa is 21 years old and is indeed the daughter of the great Billy Joel. Naturally, she's been involved in music for her entire life, and on August 26, 2006, she released (on her own) her first EP, Sketches, which I had the pleasure of reviewing back in December.
Having credited her father first and foremost in her musical influences, it is obvious listening to her that she shares his passion for the art, and enjoys very much the simple, fun melodies that make his own music so successful.
But all of this can be read on her MySpace page (http://www.myspace.com/alexarayjoel) . . .I'm interested in what hasn't been typed yet. So, at 2pm, EST, I get a phone call from Lex, and we're going to discuss all I can think of introspectively . . .stay tuned to the site for the interview, which I'm posting later tonight, once it's written and edited.

No comments: