Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Alexa Ray Joel


Okay folks. It's my first review, so I thought 'what better way to start a new blog then with a new artist?' . . .Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Alexa Ray Joel!!

I know exactly what you're thinking . . .Jazz, Joel . . .is she related to Billy Joel? Well, you'll be pleased to know that she is in fact the daughter of the Piano Man himself. And here's my review . . .



I just heard of Alexa Ray last week while I was reading some other reviews in the newspaper. The article was quite neutral and so when I searched for a sample of her sound online, I wasn't sure what to expect. Part of me thought, 'She's probably just a princess who got a deal through her dad'. I WAS DEAD WRONG!!! As soon as I heard one song, I ran out and looked for a copy of her CD. Unable to find it in my little town of doomed dreams, I bought it online. Also, it turns out that Lex has released this EP on her own, without any label backing her!! Talk about courage and commitment!!! Go Lex!!



Alexa Ray has a voice that will make your jaw drop, and the music that she writes all by herself accompanies that voice with perfection. Her first EP, Sketches, is a perfect way for her to break the ice in the music world, and she's going to be an out of control fire in the industry, and I can't wait to see what she has to say next.



Her songs are amazingly significant, and it shows brightly just how much of her life has gone into them. For instance, her song "Now Its Gone" is a reflection of her thoughts and opinions of her step-father, who had an affair with someone while he was married to Alexa's mom, Christie. The song is one huge guilt-trip, from what I got out of it, and I have to bow down to Alexa for writing it, and especially for singing it with such power. Her step-dad is probably hiding under a rock now.



Another song that I can't get over is "The Heart of Me". It's all about . . .well . . .the heart of Alexa Ray Joel . . .just about what her scene is all about, and how she finds her inspiration to write her music and lyrics. It's so wonderful to hear her sing the words she uses in it . . .to know that there's still that kind of passion in music still is very inspiring. Just wait and see.



This girl is going places, and I'm going to follow, covering her success and dropping my jaw at every lyric. Hope you will too!



~Mac

Performancing | Firefox Add-ons | Mozilla Corporation



powered by performancing firefox

No comments: